It’s here. Rise of Iron is live! And it started out slow. I was sleeping the night away, so I didn’t get to experience it, but people were not able to log in. It got to the point that Bungie instituted a login queue to make things a little better. Did it work? To a point. People were getting under 10k in the queue and then getting kicked back to the end of the line or very close to it.
Typos are included free of charge!
Doc finally made it in around 6:50 AM or so EDT. Poor guy has been up all night waiting for it. Perks of being retired, right?
So be patient if you are still waiting. There are a lot of Destiny junkies trying to get in and be the first to do things. You’ll get in. My suggestion? Take a nap. The game will still be there later.
Okay, so here’s the weekly reset. Following that will be some patch notes from today along with a couple of other things that were patched in last week but didn’t go live until today.
Keep in mind that these could change. If that’s the case, then I’ll edit this post later on.
Modifiers are also Arc Burn and Ironclad. Sorry. No images for those as I wasn’t able to grab screenshots this morning.
Location: The Wretched Eye (New)
- Warlock – Stormcaller. No brainer. Storm Grenade, Superconductor, Chain Lightning or Rising Storm, Feedback or Transcendence, Perpetual Charge
- Hunter – Bladedancer. Skip Grenade or Arcbolt, Showstopper, Backstab, Encore or Hungering Blade.
- Titan – Striker. Lightning Grenade (stick a wall with it), Shockwave, Overload, Transfusion, Shoulder Charge.
- Primary – Zhalo Supercell or your preferred Primary.
- Special- Dreg’s Promise. HAH! I’m not kidding, though. Any Arc special weapon is good. Dreg’s Promise, however, can be reloaded on a melee kill. Think about it. Also, Trespasser. This is only if you’re not using Zhalo, though. Otherwise, use any arc burn legendary special that you like.
- Heavy – Exotic? Thunderlord. Legendary? Your choice. More kills with Machine Guns. More explosions with Rocket Launchers.
Ugh. Missing more modifiers. The other two are Arc Burn and Juggler.
Locations: Strikes from The Taken King and Rise of Iron.
- Warlock – Stormcaller
- Hunter – Bladedancer.
- Titan – Striker.
- Primary – Zhalo Supercell or your preferred primary weapon.
- Secondary – Really, whatever you like here. Just make sure that it has Arc damage.
- Heavy – I’m repeating myself. Thunderlord or your preffered heavy weapon.
And Precision Kill Bonus. Your bosses are Overmind Minotaur, Val Aru-un, and Wretched Knight.
- Warlock – Your preference.
- Hunter – Your preference, but Nightstalker will be best for creating Orbs.
- Titan – Your preference.
- Primary – It’s precision kills, so grab your favorite Hand Cannon or Scout Rifle and go blow some heads off.
- Special – Specialist! Insert your favorite weapon name here.
- Heavy – Doesn’t matter.
- Helmet – Special category here. It’s important. Trickle is active. So, use a helmet with Inverse Shadow or Second Thoughts.
Weekly Crucible Playlist!!!!!
Don’t you love my image there? It’s wonderful, isn’t it? Later, I promise.
It’s Rumble Supremacy. There you go. Have fun with that!
I’m not going to list King’s Fall or Court of Oryx anymore unless someone actually needs it. Past content, now, and I don’t think we’ll run either much unless we decide that we don’t want to just destroy our Court Runes or want to get a particular gun from the raid.
On to patch notes!
- Rise of Iron campaign unlocked
- Max light increased to 385
- New Vanguard and Crucible bounties available
- Year 2 Moments of Triumph will end at 10 AM PDT today.
- Daily Heroics
- Will not include selections from Year 1, 2, and 3.
- Increased recommended light to 350
- Vanguard Strike Playlists
- Vanguard Playlist is now called The Taken War Strike Playlist
- The SIVA Crisis Playlist consists of Taken King and Rise of Iron Strikes at 320 Light.
- The Taken War Heroic playlist is available in the Vanguard Strike Playlist page, but no longer awards Legendary Marks.
- SIVA Crisis Heroic playlist replaces the Taken War Heroic playlist in the Vanguard Strike playlist. This is the Weekly Heroic Strike featured playlist. Recommended light of 350.
- Requires Rise of Iron
- Recommended light of 360
- Normal Strikes now grant rewards up to 340 Light
- Heroic Strikes now grant rewards up to 365 Light
- Strike-specific Skeleton know drop in the Nightfall Strike and the SIVA Crisis Heroic and Taken War Strike playlists.
- Skeleton Keys allow you to open Strike Hoards to guarantee a Strike-unique rewad
- Strike unique rewards will now drop up to 385 Light.
- Nightfall will now reward the player with Ghosts less often so other rewards will drop more often.
- Players can receive one free Radiant Treasure per account through their first Heroic Strike Playlist completion per week.
- Variks will now grant Weapons and Armor for Challenge of the Elders scorecardcompletions up to 365 Light.
- Fixed an issue where, after enough kills were accumulated, players would never see Uncommon item drops again
- This resulted in players being starved of weapon and armor materials
- Uncommom drops will be in addition to, not in plac eof, Rare and Legendary drops
- Rare and Legendary Engrams will now attempt to give you rewards equal to or higher than your current light
- Rare engrams can now decode up to 340 Light.
- Legendary Engrams can now decode up to 365 Light
- Legendary Engram light value will slow from their fast progress at 350 up to 365
- Within that range, Engrams will grant players something with Light about half the time
- Exotic Engrams can now decode up to 385 Light
- Faction Packages now drop items up to 385 Light
- Fixed an issue where vanity items (Ships, Sparrows, Shaders) were dropping less frequently than intended.
- Queen’s Wrath faction packages now contain Queen’s Guard armor and Chasing Infinity.
- Previews have been added for the Queen’s Wrath and Crota’s Bane factions
- House of Judgement Faction Packages now grant a Weapon each time
- House of Judgement Class items now drop in addition to Weapons rather than in place of
- Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Future War Cult, Vanguard, and Crucible Packages now allow the player to choose one of three options: Weapons, Armor, or Chroma Armor
- New Faction Ghosts and Sparrows have been added to these Packages
- They can be found in all three Package selections
- TTK Armor and Weapons have been removed from the Faction Packages and are replaced with new ROI Weapons and Armor
- The following Weapons will remain in their respective Faction Packages (Crucible and Vanguard)
- Shadow Price, Badger CCL, Lord High Fixer, Grim Citizen III, The Saterienne Rapier, The Devil You Know, The Swarm, Zombie Apocalypse WF-47, LDR 5001, Y-09 Longbow Synthesis, Two to the Morgue, The Comdeian
- Removed the SUROS TSR-10 Rocket Launcher Test Weapon that required Crucible kills
- Removed the Hakke Test-A Shotgun Test weapon that required Crucible kills.
- Vendor items purchased for Legendary Marks have been increased to 350 Light.
- Xur’s exotics for sale have been increased to 350 Light
- Xur now sells two Exotic Weapon Ornaments per week for Silver Dust
- Xur can now carry Legacy Boot Engrams
- Year 1 Class items are now available as Rise of Iron Legendary Class items. This does not include Year 1 Raid Class Items. The new Class items are found in the following locations
- Strike Hoards, Crucible end of match rewards, Legendary Engrams, Iron Banner, Trials of Osiris, Faction Packages
Rise of Iron Vendors
- 22 Exotic Weapon Ornaments have been added
- Applying an Exotic Weapon Ornament has a cost of the Exotic Weapon Ornament and 1 Silver Dust.
- Playes who have obtained Laurels can apply them to their corresponding Armor set to unlock Armor Onraments
- Armor Onraments cost 1-2 Laurels plus 5 Silver Dust to apply
- Trials of Osiris Laurels can be obtained from Trials Flawless Chests, 1 per character per week
- Raid Laurels can be obtained from Heroic Raid challenge modes, 1 per character per week
- Iron Lord Laurels can be obtained from Radiant Treasures. Additionally, players will obtain one Iron Lord Laurel from the Rise of Iron Record Book
- Record Books now appear in their own section on the character progress UI screen
- Silver Dust is now available
- Obtained from Radiant Treasures and by sharding Exotic Weapon Ornaments
- Used to purchase Eververse items, purchase Chroma from Eva Levante, purchase Iron Engrams from Lord Saladin, and apply Ornaments to Armor and Weapons
- New emotes have been added
- April Update Emotes have been removed from the store and added to the new “Spring 2016 Emotes” bag
- Radiant Treasures can now be purchased from the Eververse Store
- Radiant Treasures contain Exotic Weapon Ornaments and Vanity Items.
- Reputation Boosters are now available for direct purchase on the store
- Private Matches
- Rise of Iron maps and modes are now available (Requires Destiny: Rise of Iron)
- Supremacy, Clash, Control, Rift, Skirmish and Rumble are now core playlists
- Elimination will be available every day of the week until Trials of Osiris returns on 9/30
- Rise of Iron Crucible Maps (Floating Gardens, Last Exit, and Skyline) added to core playlists with strong weightings to feature them (these will normalize over the course of a few weeks)
- The Taken King Crucible maps added to the Classic playlists
- Rotating featured playlists updated to include Rumble, Supremacy, Inferno Supremacy, Salvage, and Combined Arms
- Core playlists now reward a new collection of Legendary Weapons
- Hex Caster ARC, 77 Wizard, Ill Will, Unending Deluge III, Hopscotch Pilgrim, Steel Oracle Z-11, Cryptic Dragon, Matador-64, 20/20 AMR7
- Classic Playlists now reward the Year 2 collection of Crucible Legendary Weapons
- Red Spectre, Eyasluna, In Times of Need, Split Shifter Pro, The Revelator, The Ash Factory, Party Crasher +1, Spare Change.25, NL Shadow 701X
- Crucible Class Items added to the Crucible Legendary loot pool
- Crucible Legendary drop rates slightly increased
- Core playlists now reward a new collection of Legendary Weapons
Quests and Bounties
- New Supremacy Quest is available from Lord Shaxx
- New Supremacy Bounties are now available when Supremacy is the daily featured playlist
- Shaxx Weekly Bounty design has changed and now features a single multi-objective Bounty for a specific featured 6v6 mode
- Daily Crucible Bounty availability updated for Rise of Iron
PHEW! I’m done. That took too long. I type this up at work and my customers picked this morning to swamp me with business… Not that it’s a bad thing to be busy, but come on! Pick a another day, please.