It’s that time again, but this time things are a little bit different. How different? Very different, yet not so different. I don’t know. I haven’t dived into it just yet. Why not? I just finished walking my dog, so it’s time for a shower. Then I can go get slaught… err… play some Iron Banner!
To start off with, Iron Banner is no longer available to players of Destiny on Legacy Consoles (PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360). Sorry guys. You really should move up, but if you can’t, that’s completely understandable. I mean, who would really want a PS4 anyway? I jest… Both current generation consoles are good choices, but that’s a different topic altogether.
In order to participate in the Iron Banner while it’s available, you must meet the following requirements
- Own Destiny: Rise of Iron
- Access the Iron Banner playlist using its specific playlist nodes
- Character level 40
- Have a minimum Light Level of 230
Okay. Minimum of 230? That’s crazy. Honestly, I think that minimum should be bumped up to at least 340. At LEAST. Most of the people you run into will be an average of 360 I would say. I could certainly be low-balling that, however.
Reputation gains have changed. You no longer get the Tempered Buff on day 2 of Iron Banner. You also do not get bonus reputation by equipping Iron Banner Emblems, Shaders, or Class Items so far as I know. I’ll look into that a little bit more later. This really isn’t an issue in my opinion.
- Iron Medallions: You gain an Iron Medallion when you lose. These will only stack up to 5, so I hope you don’t lose more matches than that in a row. Otherwise, I’m sorry. That just stinks. When you win a match with these medallions in your inventory, you will gain 150 reputation per medallion that you have.
- Alternate Characters: Alternate characters on your account can earn increased reputation gains once one of your characters reaches Rank 2 and the alternate character reaches Rank 1 (which is extremely easy from what I’ve heard). Personally I think the best way to do this is to play until Rank 5 on your main character, then do the same for your other two characters. It just makes things easier.
Lady Efrideet, not Lord Saladin, offers several Iron Banner specific bounties.
- Weekly Bounties: Lady Efrideet offers 4 weekly bounties for each Iron Banner. These can be completed to receive experience, Legendary Marks(25), Iron Banner Gear, and Iron Banner Reputation(750). There are no longer any daily bounties.
- Other Bounties: As always, you can complete normal Crucible Bounties during the Iron Banner, but they will not provide Iron Banner reputation.
- Shaxx: Shaxx still has his weekly bounty, and I believe that this week’s bounty is based on Supremacy. Have at it, Guardians!
- Match Completion: Completing a match in Iron Banner gives the player a chance to earn Iron Banner specific rewards. This can include Ghosts, an Emblem, a Sparrow, weapons, and armor.
- Purchased: Lady Efrideet will have a set list of Iron Banner specific gear that can be purchased for Legendary Marks. This week she has an Auto Rifle, a Shotgun, a Class Item, and Gauntlets. I think. I really should double check that.
One other major change that has happened is that you no longer receive packages at Ranks 3 and 5. From what I’ve been able to gather, gear drops relatively frequently, so that’s not a big deal. Your mileage may vary.
Well, that’s it. I need a shower. Y’all go kill Guardians and for Saladin’s sake, pick up THOSE FRIGGIN’ CRESTS! Blue and red. Pick them both up! It’s vital to winning you know.