Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday! It’s that day of the week again. When everyone gets excited or groans as they read a weekly reset post for Destiny. Woohoo! It’s also Election day here in the good ole US of A. Yay? Depends on your outlook, I guess.
It’s Iron Banner time this week, so that’s good. We’ll talk about that later. It’s also a hotfix day! Apparently, with more quality of life improvements. We’ll talk about that later, also.
Sadly, Festival of the Lost ends today. Not that I’ve actually done anything with that since last week, but that’s entirely beside the point. No more broom sparrow! Oh well… I believe it’s still there. You just can’t use it anymore. I haven’t actually loaded my Xbox yet this morning. Hah!
A little disclaimer first since there might be some new people reading this today. I’m not a pro at Destiny. Take my advice and suggestions with a grain of salt. Most of it boils down to your preferences to be honest. Yes, there are optimal setups that you can use when you’re doing Heroic Strikes, Nightfall, or whatever, but it still comes down to what you’re most comfortable doing. My biggest suggestion outside of what’s below is to try to get out of your comfort zone. You might be amazed at what you can do.
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty, shall we?
Do these images even pop up on mobile devices? You know, I’m not even sure. If they don’t, someone let me know? Epic, Berserk, Small Arms, Fresh Troops, and Match Game are the modifiers.
Nightfall Target: Blighted Chalice.
Okay, here we go. I believe this is the Malok strike. It’s not that bad. Just make sure to kill the Blight that spawns in that little tunnel walkway place if that’s where you’re camping out. There is good cover there, so that’s where I would suggest. Make sure to clear out the nearby Blights and any adds that they spawn just to make your life a little easier.
I’m not fully awake at the moment (I’m typing this out before I even leave for work), so I’m fuzzy on what happens earlier in the strike, but I’m thinking most of it is relatively straight forward. It’s Match Game, so pick your loadouts appropriately with your fireteam (or if you’re solo you crazy bastard). Take out snipers. They’re annoying.
- Warlock – Stormcaller. Why? So you can kill adds quickly. That’s why. Otherwise, go with Sunsinger so you can save the day with Self Revive!
- Hunter – Nightstalker. Hunters are awesome. They’re the best. Use those tethers often and the rest of your fireteam can go crazy with their supers on adds. Fewer adds means a faster run.
- Titan – Sunbreaker. Hammers everywhere. Otherwise, go Defender with Weapons of Light should take down the Boss relatively quickly. Hammers for adds.
See what I did there? Match Game! In all seriousness, though, pick the subclass that you’re best suited to playing in this instance.
- Primary – It’s Small Arms this week, so high impact Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons will shine. You do want to use one with Explosive Rounds, however, since that will actually make short work of the shields on some of those enemies that you’ll encounter. You could roll with Zhalo Supercell here for Match Game, but I don’t think that’s really necessary.
- Special – Pick your favorite special weapon. I would personally go with a Sniper Rifle, but that’s me. Shotguns and Fusion Rifles are perfectly viable here.
- Heavy – Again, pick your favorite heavy weapon. Just try to make sure that it’s an element different from your special weapon. You want to be prepared for Match Game.
What else can I say? Match Game can certainly make things difficult, but it’s not a big issue. There is no burn this week, so the enemies aren’t going to melt you in seconds. Small Arms can make enemies be melted in seconds. Berserk could be the biggest issue if anything charges you and you’re a little low in light level (which I would suggest a minimum LL of 370 if possible). Not being able to stagger an enemy can be dangerous.
Easy Nightfall this week!
Solar Burn, Specialist, and Juggler, oh my! Break out those Solar Sniper Rifles! Lord of Wolves! Invective (because Juggler)! Gjallarhorn if you’re pining for the old days. It will still melt things. Watch out for Cabal with Solar Burn on. That can get painful in a hurry.
- Warlock – Sunsinger. Okay, really, you could go with anything, but Sunsinger at least goes with Solar Burn. I would go with Solar Grenades (2, Sunbreaker gloves are nice), but I hate Fusion Grenades despite the fact that they’re “better.”
- Hunter – Gunslinger. If you’re not using Golden Gun here, you’re doing it wrong. Combustion and Incendiary or Swarm Grenades.
- Titan – Sunbreaker. Did I even need to type that out? Nope. I sure didn’t. Make fire. Make fire EVERYWHERE.
- Primary – Anything here. My preference is a Scout Rifle, but I think anyone reading this already knows that.
- Special – Solar element Sniper Rifle! But actually anything with solar damage. Invective is nice considering that it’s Juggler this week.
- Heavy – As always, I know you people are likely going with Gjallarhorn, but choose a solar damage weapon that fits with the strike that you’re in. Raze Lighter does wonders on those bloody Psions in The Dust Palace.
But wait! There’s more!
Okay. That looks funky. I’ll play with that another time I think.
Anyway, the Challenge Mode for Wrath of the Machine this week is Aksis, and thanks to the good people over at Reddit… it’s already been figured out! Imagine that. Those guys are crazy, but that’s okay.
Supercharge! That’s key. I won’t go into details because I have never used that mechanic as of yet, but one Empowered Guardian must slam their “Supercharge plate” before Aksis is stunned on every teleport. You cannot miss a stun. You cannot miss using the Supercharge mechanic.
There. Done. You did it. One day I’ll get around to doing Hard Mode and thinking about doing those challenge modes. Last week was Vosik. Those are the only two challenge modes for this raid.
Back to her old tricks again. Same old quest. That’s never going to change. Different rolls on artifacts, which just happen to be…
- Kill 150 Fallen Majors and Ultras
- Complete 4 Servitor Encounters in Archon’s Forge
- Complete 4 Dreg Encounters in Archon’s Forge
- Complete 5 Public Events in The Plaguelands
- Freelance 6v6
- Mayhem Rumble
Lord Shaxx’s Bounty: This works perfectly with Iron Banner being Control this week. Now we just have to hope that it works. It should, but you never know.
- Complete 7 matches in Control
- Get 30 Advantage Kills in Control
- 15 Control Points Captured
- Obtain B-Line medal
Easy peasy. Except those Advantage Kills. Unless you have a good fireteam. Then that part is easy, as well.
Planetary Material Exchange
- Eris Morn – Wormspore
- Future War Cult – Spinmetal
- Dead Orbit – Relic Iron
- New Monarchy – Helium Filament
Wow, nobody is taking the same stuff this week. Cool. Go get rid of some of the Spinmetal you FWC junkies!
Alright. I’ll do another post to cover both Iron Banner and the incoming patch. Enjoy! Or something. Don’t enjoy anything if you don’t want to. That’s your choice.
Go kill things! Or don’t. I guess that’s you choice as well. But if you don’t like doing that, why in the bloody hell are you playing an FPS!?!?!?!
Anyway…. I need new featured images. And other graphics. Maybe I’ll stop being lazy about it and come up with something. Maybe it’ll rain money… hah! Yeah, one day I’ll get around to doing that.