Happy Independence Day! It’s a great day. It is, really. Don’t believe me? Well, that doesn’t matter. I’m on my second day off in a row from work. So it’s a great day. It also happens to be my country’s birthday, and that’s pretty spiffy also.
Also. Screw the hell out of the Challenge of Elders modifiers this week.
Target: The Nexus
Shouldn’t be a bad week to run the Nightfall. You’ll have a few options weapon wise to run with, so have some fun with it. Just watch out for Juggler. It can be a real pain in the ass.
- Warlock – Doesn’t really matter too much. Go with what you’re most comfortable playing, but Sunsinger and a Self Revive can always save the day.
- Hunter – Nightstalker. You are the orb factory. This is just pretty normal most of the time. They’re just entirely too handy to have around.
- Titan – Defender. You’re likely going to want that bubble. Weapons of Light with a high impact Sniper Rifle? Yes, please.
- Primary – Scout Rifle with Explosive Rounds. Or a Hand Cannon of the same variety. You’ll have more ammo with the Scout Rifle though.
- Special – Icebreaker. It’s Juggler and Specialist this week, so Special Ammo is going to be a premium. This would be my choice for the boss fight. However… Telesto can tear things up on the way to the boss. Fire your shots, switch to primary, once things get all explodey and die, then go pick up all that Special and Heavy ammo that just died.
- Heavy – Your preference. Machine Guns can kill more adds. Rocket Launchers can do the same as well as reducing the boss’s health. Just don’t fire your rocket into a bubble causing it to explode on your face.
- Warlock – Voidwalker with Nothing Manacles. Grenades for days and days and days and days.
- Hunter – Nightstalker! So I love this subclass…
- Titan – Your preference. Gotta love weeks without burns. Right? Empyrean Bellicose can keep you airborne, so that’s an option with your gear to take advantage of Airborne. Perhaps Sunbreaker and about seven thousand Thermite Grenades.
- Primary – Your preference (Noticing a trend here?) You may want to use a weapon with bonus accuracy while you’re airborne. That would work well.
- Special – Your preference. I’ll always suggest a Sniper Rifle, though.
- Heavy – Your preference. Um… it really is your preference. If you’re a Warlock then you may never actually use your gun anyway.
Weekly Featured Raid: King’s Fall
Warpriest Challenge: Nobody can hold the brand (or whatever the hell it’s called) more than once.
Golgoroth Challenge: Every Fireteam member must hold old Golgi’s gaze once per DPS phase.
Oryx Challenge: One shot Oryx. Meaning, explode all 16 orbs of Ogre excrement at one time.
Weekly Story Playlist
The Iron Lords
Challenge of Elders
- Round 1
- Exposure, Brawler
- Round 2
- Grounded, Airborne
- Round 3
- Catapult, Arc Burn
- Round 4
- Specialist, Juggler
- Round 5
- Trickle, Small Arms
Yup, it’s just not changing anymore.
- Complete Shank encounters in the Archon’s Forge
- Use the Iron Battle Axe or powerful enemy weapons to kill Fallen
- Use Arc damage to Kill Fallen
- Defeat Fallen in the Plaguelands
- Mayhem Rumble
Lord Shaxx’s Bounty
- A Hunt for Glory – Supremacy
- Taking Control – Control
Crucible Quartermaster Bounties
- Scout Rifles
- Hand Cannons
- Sniper Rifles
- Heavy Weapons
Planetary Material Exchange
- Eris Morn – Wormspore
- Future War Cult – Spirit Bloom
- Dead Orbit – Spinmetal
- New Monarchy – Spirit Bloom
- Mayhem Clash
- Rocket Launcher
As always, you can obtain two pieces of armor and two weapons from the bounties. The loot pool for those bounties does not include what is available for purchase on the vendor.
If you haven’t gotten to Rank 5 in Iron Banner for the Record Book, then I suggest that you try to do that now. You only have this particular event left to get that done before the Record Book time is done. I believe anyway. Someone double-check me on that, but I was thinking that August 1st was the last day. Could be wrong.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?