Hey. Did you know? Destiny 2 launched last week. And boy oh boy has it been a fun ride so far. I really ought to write up my thoughts about it. I mean, really… Bungie definitely improved on the original in just about all aspects. There are, of course, gripes of one kind or another, but you’re going to have that with every game, book, movie, TV show, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera…
Last obviously didn’t have a weekly reset. Though I suppose that you could consider launch day to be the reset. I don’t know. Could you? Nah. That would just be silly. Anyway…to the important stuff!
Here is where I’m realizing that I need to create some graphics for this kind of stuff… Oh well. One day I’ll get around to that!
Target: The Inverted Spire, Nessus.
- Prism – The burn cycles through the three elements. Matching the focused element increases that particular damage. Other elements during this time have their damage reduced. Kinetic and incoming damage is unaffected.
- Timewarp – Rings – Pass through Vex time gates to discharge temporal energy and extend the mission timer.
- Speed of Dark – Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining
- Unbroken – Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths
- The Floor is Lava – As a fireteam, do not get hit by Protheon’s fiery ground attack before defeating it.
Subclass: I’ll admit that I don’t have a clue what’s going to best here just yet. I’m going to cop out and say to give me a couple of weeks to get some strike grinding in. Gotta get familiar with things. I’ll also say that I really don’t think your subclass really matters too awful much anymore, so go with what you’re comfortable with. Roaming supers will be king in Nightfalls from here on out I imagine.
Loadout: This is likely what I will run depending on when I run it and what gear I happened to get between now and then… I mean, there is a raid opening up this week…
- Primary: Pulse Rifle? Perhaps.
- Energy: Likely a Void Scout Rifle.
- Power: The Wardcliff Coil. Mainly just for the add clearing potential.
The Flahspoint is the only one that is likely to change from week to week, but these are things that you can do in game in order to acquire “Powerful Gear.” These Legendary Engrams will decrypt higher than your power level.
Flashpoint: Nexus – Complete public events on Nessus
Nightfall: Complete the weekly Nightfall Strike
Call to Arms: Win glory by participating in Crucible matches.
Clan XP: Earn Clan XP in strikes, raids, the Crucible, or world activities.
Cayde’s Treasure Maps are located on Nessus this week. Grab those before doing your Flashpoint!
Admittedly… There isn’t a lot to put in here. Xur will make his first appearance this Friday, and he won’t necessarily be at The Farm or on the new Tower. It looks like the Guardians who are still awake when tentacle face shows up are going to have to do some searching!
Right! The raid opens up tomorrow! Now that is something that I’m looking forward to! Maybe this time I’ll actually get around to doing a full write-up instead of quitting on the final two fights as I did with Wrath of the Machine. HAH! We’ll see…